Who we are
Holmer Green Youth Club has been established since 1966.
We are a registered charity and are affiliated to Action4Youth which is a professional body for youth
The Club’s Management Committee is made up of parents and friends of the Club with Mark Olsen as Chairman.
Managing Youth Leader, Mike Turner, is responsible for the day-to-day running of the Club and reports to the Committee.
Two professional Youth Workers make up the rest of the staff.
All staff have up-to-date DBS forms, have completed their statutory training, attended Safeguarding Young People & Children courses and hold Emergency First Aid certificates.
If you would like to see any of the Youth Clubs policys listed below, please get in contact with us.
Risk Assessment Policy – Safeguarding Policy – Health & Safety Policy – Equality & Diversity Policy – Whistle Blowing Policy
Our main aims
To help young people in the following key areas:
- Achieve independence and positive self-esteem.
- Address issues of race and inequality.
- Learn how to deal with a range of relationships through improving social skills.
- Learn how to be good citizens.
- Be able to express their own views.
- Know how to deal with health issues including sex, healthy eating, drugs and alcohol.
- Establish their own values both as an individual and as a member of society.
- Assisting in the resolution of issues that are important to young people.